Has anyone ever used flavor oils.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi pepperi! The only one I have tried is BBs Passionfruit Rose, which is a flavour oil and soaps wonderfully! It is also great in an anhydrous body butter I make. This wasn't trial and error - my supplier worked out it was okay for other applications. I have used flavour oils in MP base with some success but I mostly tend to use the soap-safe ones. My advice from my supplier was that it is best to leave well enough alone! She has tested others in CP with no luck. I did use a mango flavour oil in my body butter once and it ended up forming hard grains which got worse over time. The same formulation (from the same batch) without the fl/oil was fine.

Tanya :)

I've used those little tiny flavor oils (the ones that you use to flavor hard candy) in my sugar scrub. It worked fine with that, but it was just like 1/2 cup sugar and 3/4 cup olive oil. I only had to use a few drops.

Just curious, why would you use flavor oils in soap or lotion? The cost per ounce is even higher than FO's.

Only because I already have a lot of flavor oils and just trying to think outside the box. LOL

Latest posts

Back