has anyone bought from

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right - New Directions uses constituents from other eo's and try to imitate the same "recipe" of constituents that's in Rosewood. (good luck trying to understand that convoluted explanation - it's the best I have after 3 hours of sleep and 5 kids who all got out of school early).

Ooh that's great Zany- thanks for the contact info - I can get the facts from the horse's mouth. And yes, I read through many of the reviews - but they were "generic"....few specifics reasons why they were happy with their purchase. I don't know how to tell fake, adulterated, diluted, eo's from pure ones - until too late. Those prices are too good to believe - many are considerably lower than big companies who also deal in huge quantities and that makes me think either they got some great business skills, or aren't quite kosher. So I'm going to check them out because my best source for lavender is BB 40/42, and their price is better.

Am I the only one having trouble with SMF loading pages?

My source: my memory - so I may not have the Rosewood thing completely accurate, but it's a very endangered species and there are laws in it's native areas, as well as the Lacy and something law in the US about importing/distributing an endangered item.

Last edited:
Hiya Karen! Nice to 'see' you. I forgot to mention they have a 99.3% Rating on Ebay. This is just me, but I have no problem with any seller using the word "therapeutic". It's just a buzz word that gets tossed around like it means something! :rolleyes: Other than that, I suggest you contact Leslie directly with any other questions:

LESLIE HALLOWAY
269 CALLE DEL SOL
MORIARTY, NM 87035-5481

Phone # 505-384-1017
[email protected]

BTW, I didn't know Rosewood EO is endangered and illegal. Do you have a source for that information? I use it in one of my favorite blends. I haven't purchased any lately, tho. Here are my notes on Rosewood:

https://reverb.com/news/new-cites-regulations-for-all-rosewood-species

[QUOTE="Zany_in_CO, post: 746314, member: 22120I forgot to mention they have a 99.3% Rating on Ebay. This is just me, but I have no problem with any seller using the word "therapeutic". It's just a buzz word that gets tossed around like it means something! :rolleyes: Other than that, I suggest you contact Leslie directly with any other questions:

LESLIE HALLOWAY
269 CALLE DEL SOL
MORIARTY, NM 87035-5481

Phone # 505-384-1017
[email protected]

BTW, I didn't know Rosewood EO is endangered and illegal. Do you have a source for that information? I use it in one of my favorite blends. I haven't purchased any lately, tho. Here are my notes on Rosewood:[/QUOTE]

About therapeutic terminology; in my view it's an outright lie. There is no such thing, nor is there any set standard or guideline to determine what percentages of what constituent part of an eo is proven to be therapeutic, and what percentage is harmful. When companies use the term "therapeutic, it also implies that there are un-therapeutic types of essential oils. And again...there is no such standard or definition.

Companies/people who use the terminology perpetuate misinformation just by using the word. Yes, misinformation is done in all types of marketing - doesn't make it right. Essential oils are being touted as a replacement for medical care and medications. People are getting injured by those who've drunk the Kool-Aid with seeking proper training. I am one of them- and I can name half a dozen others I know personally who were injured enough to need medical care to deal with the use of "therapeutic" oils. (just in the past year+)

Last year I was preparing to start selling soap I was given some professional advice on branding and marketing. Much of it I found quite distasteful because it was all about "creating a problem that my soap fixes", creating an "image" that would appeal to my chosen market. This was too similar to lying and manipulation for me. Since then I've been observing the marketing tactics on media sources and am shocked at how much of it does falsely create or overblow a problem and then tout their product as a fix. So much fear is wrongfully created - and too much money wasted by the poor consumer.

Capitalism.

I refuse to be dishonest to make a buck.

Well, if I ever do sell soap I'll need to find someone to help me create a label and brand my honest pragmatic style. I'm still looking.

Latest posts

Back