Harvested my mint(s), what to do with it now?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you grow chocolate mint? It's not actually chocolate flavored but its the best mint I've tried. I have peppermint, spearmint, orange mint, ginger mint and chocolate mint. The orange and ginger isn't fit to eat.

I do! And I agree, it's the cleanest, truest mint flavour. I dehydrate it for tea.

Iced milk.
I lived in farming country when I was young, and all the fields were watered via flood irrigation, so there were ditches everywhere. On cool nights, the smell of mint would waft from their banks.
My aunt would gather bundles of it and muddle and steep it in the fresh milk, remove the mint, then place it in the freezer until it started to crystallize. She'd then take it out, stir and repeat until completely slushy.
Brought out in tall frosted glasses, it was ambrosia after a hot day working in the fields.

Iced milk.
I lived in farming country when I was young, and all the fields were watered via flood irrigation, so there were ditches everywhere. On cool nights, the smell of mint would waft from their banks.
My aunt would gather bundles of it and muddle and steep it in the fresh milk, remove the mint, then place it in the freezer until it started to crystallize. She'd then take it out, stir and repeat until completely slushy.
Brought out in tall frosted glasses, it was ambrosia after a hot day working in the fields.

Sounds tasty. :)

I make a herbal infusion with distilled water for my herbal soap of dried chocolate mint, calendula, lavender, rose petals, chamomile, plaintan and violet leaves. I pour boiling water over the leaves, cover and let sit overnight, strain out and it is good to go for my batch of soap. If I have excess I freeze in bags for future use. I love the soap. Scented with a little bit of Tea Tree, Lavender and Spearmint Essential oil, I may do a swirl with spirulina or ground spinach or leave the soap a solid color with the two.

Latest posts

Back