Hard Water and need more slip

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been tweaking my shampoo and conditioner bars and they are nearly perfect! I think I need a little bit more slip, at least with the conditioner. I think the shampoo is good. However, I was thinking that not everyone has hard water like I do and maybe that’s part of the issue.

I bought some Vegekeratin and Hemisqualene to add to my formulations hoping that it will help. My hair has never felt so lovely, except the through the body is just not quite as smooth as I would like and at the ends. I’m trying to stay away from silicones, Although I love the feeling of Dimethicone on my skin.

I think I’m also going to add some to my deodorant for more glide. What does everyone else use for glide/slip?

I’m using a slightly modified version of Humblebee and Me’s Orange Blast conditioNing bar which uses Dimethicone and I subbed for MCT. I used this shampoo bar recipe subbing the kokum with mango and protein with honeyquat.

Latest posts

Back