Hard on the eyes

Discussion in 'SMF Announcements, Comments, Help & Rules' started by alabama49, Jul 2, 2012.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jul 2, 2012 #1

alabama49

alabama49

alabama49

This brown color of this forum is so hard on my eyes, I can no longer read this board. Can't you change it to a more appealing & easier on the eyes color? Or can I change my page to a different color? I like this forum, but will have to leave it if the pukey brown stays.
    Thanks,
    alabam49

2. Jul 3, 2012 #2

Mandy

Mandy

Mandy

Anyone else feel the same way? We can change it if there is a color the majority of users would prefer. The forum has always been cream and brown. I'd love to hear suggestions for colors that you would like better. Maybe we can vote on it.

3. Jul 4, 2012 #3

Mr. Soap

Mr. Soap

Mr. Soap

yes! these old eyes have trouble finding anything on here now. i liked the way it was before.

4. Jul 4, 2012 #4

Hazel

Hazel

Hazel

Lifetime Supporter

I have to admit I have a problem with these colors. I prefer black print on a white background because it's easier for me to read. But I'll go with what ever is decided. :)

5. Jul 4, 2012 #5

Relle

Relle

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic Staff Member Admin SPONSOR

Me too.

6. Jul 4, 2012 #6

judymoody

judymoody

judymoody

I don't have a problem reading it but the brown isn't the most exciting option. I know that many people also have trouble with white lettering on colored background or lighter colored type on white background.

7. Jul 6, 2012 #7

I dont have a poblem with it either and kinda like it, but i can see how some might not.

If the brightness is turned up all the way on your monitor, the contrast is a bit harsh. luckily all monitors have brightness adjustments. might be something to check out if its bothering your eyes...

8. Jul 19, 2012 #8

Mr. Soap

Mr. Soap

Mr. Soap

i've also noticed some have blue text in their profile and i can't see that at all on the brown background. didn't even know it was there for a long time. :shock:

Draft saved Draft deleted