Hard Bath Cupcake Frosting Recipe Needed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellalicious

Reaction score
i am trying to make bath cupcakes with hard icing. I do not want to have sugar, lye or slsa in it.
My current recipe pipes fine but isnt hardening?
Melt and pour 1 pound
Glycerine 1:4 cup
Bath whip 1 cup
HELP PLEASE
DO U HAVE ANY RECIPES TO SHARE
I would appreciate help for beginner

Your above recipe is never going to harden but may with additives. Suppose you could try some Cream of Tarter. Look up food hardeners especially under pastry baking. It is not just a simple thing to make. I keep trying to get my daughter to sell her recipe that took over a year to come up with but she just is not ready to yet. Her frosting would ship and bounce around without breaking, coming off the cupcakes, smushing or melting, so it can be done. Also try different m&p bases, she only found one that really worked. It was a syndet based m&p, not a soap based. test test test...

Your above recipe is never going to harden but may with additives. Suppose you could try some Cream of Tarter. Look up food hardeners especially under pastry baking. It is not just a simple thing to make. I keep trying to get my daughter to sell her recipe that took over a year to come up with but she just is not ready to yet. Her frosting would ship and bounce around without breaking, coming off the cupcakes, smushing or melting, so it can be done. Also try different m&p bases, she only found one that really worked. It was a syndet based m&p, not a soap based. test test test...
I just think people

I guess im a bit new and naive to this all. I was hoping someone might have a recipe to share as i would if i had one. Its not that i dont like sugar. I have a meringue recipe that hardens beautifully i just thought people wiuld prefer a non sugary bath ?
Thankyou for repkying i appreciate it

I would be very happy to pay for the recipe thankyou for you help

Last edited by a moderator:
Back