Happy Soap-iversary

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It's been a year since I started soaping! How long have you all been at it?

1462913551366.jpg

It was my one year "soap-iversary" in April. One year and so much has been learned. The most important thing I've learned is the fact that I have so much more to learn. I'm no where near a soap expert. Maybe in another 10 years...

It was 4 years for me in March and I still don't feel like an "expert". I feel more comfortable but I'm not all the way there! I don't think I'll ever be. I'm also still learning new things and techniques every week online. People are just SO creative. I'm also learning I don't have the desire to try every single one any more. I'm sticking to the pours I like at this point! Some like the spin swirl was one I definitely wanted to try but things like the teardrop don't interest me. I love my tigerstripe (favorite!), ITP swirl and hanger swirls!

I discovered a clearance m&p kit at Michaels last March and swore I'd master that and not learn cp (it was a bit intimidating). My first cp was in July.... Not so much m&p getting done nowadays

Seven months and counting for me! And I find I'm enjoying it more everytime I soap :)

Back