Happy Mothers Day!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful ladies on here not today only but everyday , bless you all.

Happy Mother's Day, y'all!

My mom died a few years ago, but I was thinking about the things I inherited from her. Aside from premature graying (thanks, mom), I occasionally hear her words coming out of my mouth. Do you have any favorite mom quotes that were passed down to you and came out of your mouth unexpectedly once you had kids? Mine include:

"If you did something you feel guilty about, you did the wrong thing. Go make it right."

The get-up song (sung at top of lungs in the most annoying way possible): IT'S TIME TO GET UP. IT'S TIME TO GET UP. IT'S TIME TO GET UP IN THE MOOOORNNNNING. OH, WHAT A JOY TO GET OUT BED! Repeat until short people emerge from bed. When I was in elementary school, I never thought I'd inflict that on my own kids on day...

"Twinkle Toes is watching". Apparently Twinkle Toes is part of Santa's secret police.

"Well, if you like that look..." Said when a child asks how the new haircut/make-up/outfit looks and Mom HATES it - this phrase just comes rolling out with no way to stop it. Ask me about my oldest's eyebrows right now...

Happy Mother's Day, y'all!

My mom died a few years ago, but I was thinking about the things I inherited from her. Aside from premature graying (thanks, mom), I occasionally hear her words coming out of my mouth. Do you have any favorite mom quotes that were passed down to you and came out of your mouth unexpectedly once you had kids? Mine include:

"If you did something you feel guilty about, you did the wrong thing. Go make it right."

The get-up song (sung at top of lungs in the most annoying way possible): IT'S TIME TO GET UP. IT'S TIME TO GET UP. IT'S TIME TO GET UP IN THE MOOOORNNNNING. OH, WHAT A JOY TO GET OUT BED! Repeat until short people emerge from bed. When I was in elementary school, I never thought I'd inflict that on my own kids on day...

"Twinkle Toes is watching". Apparently Twinkle Toes is part of Santa's secret police.

"Well, if you like that look..." Said when a child asks how the new haircut/make-up/outfit looks and Mom HATES it - this phrase just comes rolling out with no way to stop it. Ask me about my oldest's eyebrows right now...

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Oh yes Snappy, I sound more like my mom all the time. Not just what I say, but how I say it. It kills me when I open my mouth and my mother falls out lmao. Even the things she used to say that I swore I never would because they were so dumb ("If you fall and break your leg, don't come running to me" or "If you kill yourself, I'm gonna beat your a**")

I swore I would never be my mother. I am my mother:
"Wish in one and an sh!t in the other, see which gets filled first."
When someone says "I'm coming!" I automatically respond with my mother's, "Yeah? Well so's Christmas!"
"Don't look at me with that tone of voice."
"We are not related to Thomas Edison. Turn off the damned lights!!"

There are a bunch more, but I must go take a nap. (Another thing I inherited from my mom. I kinda like that one though.)

I swore I would never be my mother. I am my mother:
"Wish in one and an sh!t in the other, see which gets filled first."
When someone says "I'm coming!" I automatically respond with my mother's, "Yeah? Well so's Christmas!"
"Don't look at me with that tone of voice."
"We are not related to Thomas Edison. Turn off the damned lights!!"

There are a bunch more, but I must go take a nap. (Another thing I inherited from my mom. I kinda like that one though.)

Are you my mommy?? Cause I swear my Grandma used to say all of those things!

Are you my mommy?? Cause I swear my Grandma used to say all of those things!

Once again, you inspired me. "If you fall and break your legs, don't come running to me" was a favorite one of hers. Oh and, "I'll smack you if you don't stop that crying," not to be mistaken for, "If you don't stop crying, I'll give you something to cry about!"

Moms. You gotta love them. (Where would we be without them? Think about it...)

One of my memories is, "If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you jump off too?":)

My mom would say that! And Uffda - which I find myself saying too.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone - I hope your day was lovely. And included at least a little chocolate.

Back