Happy green body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Thanks to suggestions in this forum I made my first body butter that Im really pleased with. I've been dithering for ages because theres only about a billion recipes all over the intarwebs.

Thanks to those smarter than I in this forum, I decided on a ratio of 1/3 hard oils, 1/3 coconut oil and 1/3 soft oils. I wanted a a pretty serious moisturizing body butter - I work outside, and travel to some pretty harsh places. But I didnt want something greasy or Id just be smearing myself with Crisco in the kitchen...

I had been infusing some hemp oil with dried lavender from my garden, so my recipe ended up as:

Hard oils: 2 oz shea & 2 oz mango
Coconut oil - 4 oz
Soft oils: 3 oz lavender infused hemp oil, 1 oz jojoba
added some ROE and Vit E oil as antioxidants, and lavender EO

Since I don't have a rotary blender and this batch was too small for the kitchen aid, I just melted the hard oils, added the liquid oils, put in the fridge to cool and fluffed it a bit with a stick blender. So its not really whipped, but it is nice and light. AND GREEN!

ZOMG I LOVE THIS BODY BUTTER! It scoops out a bit like soft butter and then melts like a prom dates will power into a smooth liquid that goes on slick and then sinks into my skin like rain on the desert. Moments after applying the butter is absorbed leaving hands feeling clean and smooth.

Thanks for all the help and info!

green body butter.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats! It looks yellow rather than green to me though, is that just the photo? Mine are usually a pale yellow from avocado oil since thats my favorite light oil.

Thanks Lin! You were such a help!
It really is a lovely green, my camera doesn't do it justice in low light. Not sure if it's the hemp alone, or if the lavender infusion added to it. I'll try to take better pics tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back