Happy Fall!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjane

Reaction score
New here! I am starting with melt and pour to be safe! I will probably have thousands of questions as I make my journey but I am so excited! I have always been very soap obsessed!

sarahjane said:
New here! I am starting with melt and pour to be safe! I will probably have thousands of questions as I make my journey but I am so excited! I have always been very soap obsessed!

Hi, we are all soap obsessed! :lol: If you have 1000's of questions, hopefully, we can come up with 1000's of answers for you! 8)
Welcome to the fall season, and welcome to The SMF!

Paul....."I'm In The TOG House Now!" :wink:

I do melt & Pour too, altho I am venturing into the world of body butter. Gonna make my first batch tonight. Should be quite entertaining :p

Welcome to our little forum! We are all friendly!

I just made my first batch of body butter a couple of weeks ago! Nothing fancy, just shea butter and almond oil but it works great for my dry skin! I scented half of it bubble gum for my Daughter and she thinks it's the greatest thing on earth! If you discover a really good recipe let me know. I am going to try whipping up some cocoa butter and coffee butter next time! Yummy! Good Luck!!

Well thanks, I am pretty excited about making it. I bought the coolest jars to put it in. They are cobalt blue, my signature color!! WHHHEEEEE!!!

Hello, I Am New

Hello to everyone. Soapmaking is my latest passion. I've always been into crafts but making soap has held my attention for almost a year now.
I do have a question. I found 100% palm oil in an Asian supermarket but it was liquid, not like the kind you order on line. Does it make any difference if I use it in CP soap?

Sarah,

About whipping Cocoa Butter: Cocoa Butter is rock hard so your whip will turn out rock hard just like shea is soft & dreamy so your whip will turn out soft & dreamy. Not saying it can't be done, you will just need way more oils than butter to get a softer consisitancy :wink: .

Tabitha,

What if I also added some shea butter, would that soften it up a bit? Thanks for the advice!

Back