Happy accident soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lathered_up

Reaction score
I had planned a totally different design for this batch, but my soap was getting too thick, so I had to switch gears quickly. I thought "oh well, it will be okay even things didn't go as planned." Well, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with the way it turned out. Looks kind of like a yin yang to me. It's fragranced with Spiced Mahogany from BB.

Couldn't get pic to load with original post.

1476912890396.jpg

That looks nice. I made soap today myself but I really shouldn't have. I'd be lucky if that ugly mess came out better looking than I think it would. At least it will be a good soap.

Thanks! I'm always happy when I end up with happy accident batched. Spiced Mahogany. It smells warm and sensual with a spicy sweetness. It sticks forever and lingers on the skin for a while. I usually use it at around 3-3 1/2 % in my batches. Accelerates a little, and discolor to a brownish-tan but is manageable. My batch got too thick because I was using a high amount of castor oil and cocoa butter. So glad this batch doesn't belong to the re-batch / fugly club ;).

My planned soaps don't turn out looking that nice! Beautiful!

Back