Happy accident soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

lathered_up

Reaction score
I had planned a totally different design for this batch, but my soap was getting too thick, so I had to switch gears quickly. I thought "oh well, it will be okay even things didn't go as planned." Well, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with the way it turned out. Looks kind of like a yin yang to me. It's fragranced with Spiced Mahogany from BB.

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks nice. I made soap today myself but I really shouldn't have. I'd be lucky if that ugly mess came out better looking than I think it would. At least it will be a good soap.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love happy accidents. The soap looks great.

lathered_up

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm always happy when I end up with happy accident batched. Spiced Mahogany. It smells warm and sensual with a spicy sweetness. It sticks forever and lingers on the skin for a while. I usually use it at around 3-3 1/2 % in my batches. Accelerates a little, and discolor to a brownish-tan but is manageable. My batch got too thick because I was using a high amount of castor oil and cocoa butter. So glad this batch doesn't belong to the re-batch / fugly club ;).

Navaria

Reaction score
My planned soaps don't turn out looking that nice! Beautiful!

Teapot

Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That looks lovely! There's no reason anyone has to know if that isn't what you'd originally planned.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks exactly as though it was intended and really fits the fragrance. I haven't soaped it yet but love it in B&B.

Latest posts