Hanger swirl - first attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue1965

Reaction score
I had an amazing weekend of soaping. Tried my first hand at hanger swirl. I had to improvise and bend my own hanger because my tool hasn't arrived in the mail but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Looks like a bit if ash on the top (more on one side of the soap than the other). Usually I do bright colors but I was looking for something darker and cooler so I went with the black luster and electric blue.

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

Looks great! Wouldn't know it was your first hanger swirl if you hadn't said so!

Where did you get your blue? I am having no luck at all with colors. I love BOLD and BRIGHT but I'm getting dull and drab. Maybe I'm just not using enough of the stuff.

I used electric blue from BB. 1/2 tsp for 2 lb mold. The color stayed pretty true to what I used. I was somewhat disappointed in the black....it morphed to more of a grey. But overall I am happy with the turnout.

I used electric blue from BB. 1/2 tsp for 2 lb mold. The color stayed pretty true to what I used. I was somewhat disappointed in the black....it morphed to more of a grey. But overall I am happy with the turnout.

Thanks for the info. I think my problem is I'm not using enough. I'll see tonight when I get home and cut my April challenge. I used the entire sample in each of the batters.

Back