Hanger swirl challenge soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkisessence

Reaction score
I can't post on challenges yet but I wanted to try the swirl challenge for April. This is 85% Olive oil, 25% Castor Oil, with eucalyptus eo (added to base oils), 2.5:1 water:lye, and 5% SF. Contrasting colors are yellow oxide and black oxide. I made some big mistakes, namely, waiting to mix my contacting colors after pouring base and pouring too much (too high of a base). I used a small square Tupperware container so I started with 15 oz base oil to achieve approx. 1.5 in tall bar. I have two final bars at approx 2.5x3.25x1.5.

IMG_20160410_070953594.jpg

IMG_20160410_071015128.jpg

IMG_20160410_071046171.jpg

Thank you Seawolfe and KristaY! It's a pretty swirl and I gave it my best. There are some problems with the execution of the swirl but I liked how it turned out. This community has been kind to me. I can't wait to be able to actually participate in the monthly contests! I love making soap and I love that there is a community of people that love and practice this craft.

Thank you Steve85569 and SusieOz! Tiger soap it shall be! I already gave it away to friends for use next month. So we shall see what they think. I'm trying to use up the colorants I had from last year - yellow, black, and brown are it for oxides!

Back