Handmilled soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so far I've allowed the batch to set up into a loaf. I cut it up and allowed it to dry on a wire rack. After one day it's sorda becoming hard. It is kinda dry though not sure if its supposed to be that way. It smells so nice though. I made goat's milk with lavender eo/ground lavender/ground calendula.

here is a pic of my handmilled soap finally getting hard I can't wait to use it! Beside it on the right is oatmeal soap
Handmadesoapcuring.jpg

Please after all your help this pic is thanks to you! You helped me out so much now i'm making a second batch!

I've never been happy with my rebatching efforts.
First, grating the soap is boring.

2d, the process seems to take too long (are you getting the idea I'm lazy? You're right).

3d, I haven't gotten a soap as smooth as the original CP soap I made it from.

So... I'd like some ideas. I want to take some of my first efforts, melt them down and use them in my new mold, maybe add some EO's or colorants. My first soaps were fragrance free with no added colors.

Also, is the soap degraded in any way be rebatching?

Thanks,

Dan

I did a little net search to answer my own questions and found some ideas that make sense to me:

1. Add just a little water and let it soak overnight.
2. Don't hurry, use low heat, maybe even oven instead of pot on top of stove.
3. Stir as little as possible.
4. Don't use ziplock bags, they melt. Ask me how I know.

Hi how are you? Well I've been doing this for quite some time now and I absolutely loving rebatching. I only grate when i'm not being lazy lol most often I chop them up really small. Then I actually cook at 225 degrees but I never leave the kitchen. Why do I do that? Because the soap turns into mashed potatoes therefore allowing the batch to pour out of the mold resulting in a smooth bar i will post some pictures today. However, when I stir too much in the mold, the tops never look pretty. That I don't care about because rebatch has its own retarded look and Love it! Okay I'm off to post some pictures anymore questions let me know.

Back