Half-wrapping soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anybody wrapped just half of their soap in shrink wrap? I am playing around with it. I'm thinking to cut the shrink wrap bag to fit 2/3 the way up (a ts bar), and maybe covering the top edge with a cigar band, so that people can pick up the soap, but still smell it.

I think it is totally doable with some practice. I have done two so far and I have bubbles in the shrink wrap and the cut edge looks a little wonky, but thats where the cigar band label would go. I think I have to get the heat gun just right.

I originally did the bar with two cut ends, that might work too if I get it right with the heat gun. Heat too low and it just blows the wrap all over, and too high it shrinks up too much.

I have not tried that, but I have tried to use two halves of shrink wrap to make one piece for bath bombs and it didn’t work well, only occasionally. When I do shrink wrap soap, I sometimes occasionally burn a hole so people can smell through there. However that is often not needed because the shrink wrap I use is so thin you can smell through it.

@cerelife I've used polyolefin bags from Two Wild Hares. The smell is reduced, but you can smell through it.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/485579...efin+bags&ref=shop_items_search_3&frs=1&crt=1
At $30 for 500 bags, the price is better from them, with free shipping for orders of $35 or more.
These are the last ones I bought for my bath bombs. These are so much better quality than anywhere else I've ever purchased.

This process sounds like it might be a little fiddley. Is it taking you a long time to wrap each bar? If you are cutting both ends, wouldn't a shrink wrap band be easier? I know it's not transparent, but I think this looks so good. And no plastic.

How much does each wrapping for this cost?

I wrap mine is antique looking paper so each one is differnt. I tried a card stock paper but it was just to much to fold up. For me this is just a simple way to print and wrap my soaps. I use double sided tape runner to seal off the sides. I just put my soap information on the bottom of the bar that is printed on a address label. You can still smell and see my soaps.

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back