Hair and Beard Pudding

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevolutionSoap

Reaction score
I'm absolutely addicted to this product my "stylist" recommended for me. It's a really good leave in moisturizer/styling cream for my hair without making it sticky.

I just hate paying so much for something I might be able to make myself.

Any of you made anything like this product?

https://gibsgrooming.com/products/con-man-hair-pudding

Attachments

• 20210214_113247.jpg
    20210214_113247.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 19
Amazon lists ingredients...
1D181B2F-D79B-49C7-9D75-2C39C3B20BB4.jpeg
But you have the ingredients list on the bottle..duh! sorry! Looks like lotion ingredients... but I just started making lotions and creams. So I could be wrong.
Also if you’re a Prime member and do the subscription it may be a bit cheaper! That stuff is EXPENSIVE! 😳

The product is mostly water and silicones -- cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone. The butylene glycol and guar gum are probably acting as thickeners.

Each ingredient from fragrance on down is probably no more than a percent or two of the total. Some of these minor ingredients are essential and some look to be mostly included for "label appeal".

A preservative should be included in a product like this -- that is what the phenoxyethanol and methylparaben combo is. The radish extract might also be included as a secondary preservative. I would guess the methylparaben might be used at 0.25% to 0.5%, but that's just a guess.

Back