Ha!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incrtalent

Reaction score
Well, at least somebody got a "weeeee" in there, and that's something!

I know, I know. Patience. Don't pat me on the back yet, Tab, because the little money I have could go flying out the door at any second! It's SOOOO hard to make and SOOOOO easy to spend, especially when starting out. There are so many things you want/need, etc., etc.

So does anyone have any tips on the liability insurance? And yup, the retailers really DO want UPC codes. In fact, several of them have told me point blank, "No, nope, negative. Won't even consider your product without insurance and codes." Heck, I think I'd do better schleping my soap on a street corner than trying to get into some of these stores!

Anyhoo, if anyone has run across this, please do let me know. I'm dying to figure out how someone with TENURE has done it!

Happy Valentine's Day ya'll. :)

Incrtalent said:
Heck, I think I'd do better schleping my soap on a street corner than trying to get into some of these stores!

For any retailer that is bigger than a Mom and Pop, your right! You have to be somewhat big yourself to make the retail leap (from what I have seen). Then you need an employee and workers comp, etc....
Jeff
(Not trying to be negative! I'm sure it can be accomplished, just takes a lot!)

Have you considered going to small stores in small towns as a start, and sell on consignment? They usually aren't as worried about the red-tape.

Jill

Yep! We've decided to stick to the smaller gift shops and Mom & Pop shops as these are most likely to buy from us. Thanks for your input! :)

Back