GW 415 - Soy Wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I copy this @earlene?

I just recently found a supplier for soy wax, and although not labeled as GW415 it has exactly the same melt and pour temps so I assumed it was the same if not very similar. I'm waiting for the suppliers reply if they have the chemical composition somewhere to verify if it's the one I want.

Of course!

When I first bought soy wax, it was Akasoy, I think. Exact same thing. It seems the name keeps changing slightly every couple of years. I could be wrong about that, though.

@earlene YES! I didn’t enter an INS, and I lowered my KOH SAP to .200 (so NaOH SAP is .143) to be a tiny bit conservative because I always go with a low SF, like 2%. I’ve made lots of soap using this custom oil and it’s all good.

I see Natures Garden has the Sap for their Golden Foods 415 Soy Wax at NaOH .137 KOH .192
That’s within the range I reported in post #1, second to last paragraph. The sap for GW 415 is not available from the manufacturer, so I’m guessing they pulled the number from one of the calculators. I think that sap is too low for the reasons I gave above and in the thread I linked. I’m actually more concerned about the soy wax FA profiles given by the calculators, which are inconsistent with the manufacturer’s iodine number for GW 415.

Back