guy trying to give me soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Norgart

Reaction score
I was in the middle (well trying to get the scent mixed in) on a batch of soap and the door bell rings--I wouldn't have answered but the dog was going bonkers. here is this guy trying to give me a jug of tide while I have a pail of soap that is starting accelerate in my hand

I was in the middle (well trying to get the scent mixed in) on a batch of soap and the door bell rings--I wouldn't have answered but the dog was going bonkers. here is this guy trying to give me a jug of tide while I have a pail of soap that is starting accelerate in my hand

What on earth is tide? And was this a random person? Or like an annoying husband prank? also soaps far more important i would of opened the window and shouting obscenities at them till they went away and dogs shushed!

He wanted to annoy you, but also wanted you to have clean laundry? Lol. On a serious note, watch out for weird-o’s! He could have been trying to get a peek inside to rob you later.. My hubby watches too much investigation ID and he’s always warning about people like this.

its spring here and the snow is melting and the sun is shining-it tends to bring out the people trying to sell stuff. not too worried about him coming back my dog was very vocal :)

upload_2019-3-19_18-47-18.jpeg

its spring here and the snow is melting and the sun is shining-it tends to bring out the people trying to sell stuff. not too worried about him coming back my dog was very vocal :)
Gotta love your guard dog!! I have a bulldog named Snooki and she sounds viscous! Anyone that doesn’t know her thinks she’s scary, but she’s really more of a teddy bear!

Attachments

• 62F3D38E-AA9C-4E5F-BCB4-9EF77545DF93.jpeg
    62F3D38E-AA9C-4E5F-BCB4-9EF77545DF93.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 14
mine sounded vicious but in reality she just wanted to jump on him and slobber on him and try to get him to play with her.
yours looks pretty vicious :)

mine sounded vicious but in reality she just wanted to jump on him and slobber on him and try to get him to play with her.
yours looks pretty vicious :)

Our first family dog was mad when someone dared walk onto our drive and ring the doorbell! There was one delivery driver who ran off and refused to come back up the drive because when he knew someone was there he would jump onto the kitchen window about 4 foot high and in doing so would make a hell of a banging noise. He hated catholics too pitty really that they love next to a catholic school and church he had one hell of a bark on him too. Absolutly beyond soft though he would play fight but never bit just chewed on your arm ect. Miss him so much he was a mix of many different dogs he was a rescue dog. They now have a patterdale terriomer and my goodness does he live up to the breeds typical temperament and he also seem to take a disliking to catholics. Its not a hate crime if its a dog right?

Black and white one was our jay aka first window banging dog

Black en is suggs aka the patterdale terrier. They also have a yacht just a few miles away from the area of patterdale where the breed orginates.

Sorry went kinda all about dogs there but in my defense they are both little sweethearts

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1513473023264.jpg
    FB_IMG_1513473023264.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20180715-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180715-WA0000.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 11
Our first family dog was mad when someone dared walk onto our drive and ring the doorbell! There was one delivery driver who ran off and refused to come back up the drive because when he knew someone was there he would jump onto the kitchen window about 4 foot high and in doing so would make a hell of a banging noise. He hated catholics too pitty really that they love next to a catholic school and church he had one hell of a bark on him too. Absolutly beyond soft though he would play fight but never bit just chewed on your arm ect. Miss him so much he was a mix of many different dogs he was a rescue dog. They now have a patterdale terriomer and my goodness does he live up to the breeds typical temperament and he also seem to take a disliking to catholics. Its not a hate crime if its a dog right?

Black and white one was our jay aka first window banging dog

Black en is suggs aka the patterdale terrier. They also have a yacht just a few miles away from the area of patterdale where the breed orginates.

Sorry went kinda all about dogs there but in my defense they are both little sweethearts
Hilarious!! Mine goes bonkers when anyone even dares walking by our backyard, and we live in a family friendly neighborhood! If anyone peeks through the fence, she wags her nubby tail and tries to kiss them! I guess it's their job to protect their territory! Those are some cute pup pics!!

Hilarious!! Mine goes bonkers when anyone even dares walking by our backyard, and we live in a family friendly neighborhood! If anyone peeks through the fence, she wags her nubby tail and tries to kiss them! I guess it's their job to protect their territory! Those are some cute pup pics!!

Our jay has sadly passed away now but he was beyond awesome he would always come for cuddles if you were feeling down or ill. I always used to sneak through to the kitchen and let him into my room at weekends so i could get cuddles at night then tried to get up before my folks did so they didnt know he had slept in my room never happened though and they were wise to what i was doing because he would always crash through the doors unless i grabbed him in time.

Suggs is adorable but he was a working hunting dog which is what they were bred to do, before they got him and has very much got the strong hunt instinct in him still although he has got much better hes also not keen on other dogs but again hes getting better hes hard work though and has a docked tail which is illegal here unless done on some working dogs via the vets but it wasnt done by the vets. Hes VERY protective over my little niece even if im just messing about with her he barks at me for it hes adorable he also barks if i dont go through and give him a fuss within 5 minutes of arriving. Iv got 2 little cats but love dogs just cant justify getting a dog when I live on my own and was and will be again working 40 plus hours a week its not really fair on them.

You dont mind that this has gone on to talk about dogs now right? @Marilyn Norgart Because i can stop if you want but as it wasnt a serious thread i didnt think you would mind :) Btw what sorta dog have you got we need some pics!

Our jay has sadly passed away now but he was beyond awesome he would always come for cuddles if you were feeling down or ill. I always used to sneak through to the kitchen and let him into my room at weekends so i could get cuddles at night then tried to get up before my folks did so they didnt know he had slept in my room never happened though and they were wise to what i was doing because he would always crash through the doors unless i grabbed him in time.

Suggs is adorable but he was a working hunting dog which is what they were bred to do, before they got him and has very much got the strong hunt instinct in him still although he has got much better hes also not keen on other dogs but again hes getting better hes hard work though and has a docked tail which is illegal here unless done on some working dogs via the vets but it wasnt done by the vets. Hes VERY protective over my little niece even if im just messing about with her he barks at me for it hes adorable he also barks if i dont go through and give him a fuss within 5 minutes of arriving. Iv got 2 little cats but love dogs just cant justify getting a dog when I live on my own and was and will be again working 40 plus hours a week its not really fair on them.

You dont mind that this has gone on to talk about dogs now right? @Marilyn Norgart Because i can stop if you want but as it wasnt a serious thread i didnt think you would mind :) Btw what sorta dog have you got we need some pics!

oh gawd no--I am enjoying your stories :) . interesting though that dock tails are illegal!!

oh gawd no--I am enjoying your stories :) . interesting though that dock tails are illegal!!

Good good i know theres been some bad feelings about off topic posts recently but given it wasnt really a sensible thread thought you would be fine but would of stopped if you wanted me too.

Well i dont know why suppose its probably animal cruelty crew out in force. To do it at home is beyond cruel and dangerous to the dog because of bleeding. But to have a vet do it would be far safer and humane to the dog. Iv been looking after a family friends dogs and her spaniel has a docked tail because she asked them to dock it because when she was younger she was always running off and getting it caught on stuff and it would cause excessive bleeding so it was in the interest of her dog that they docked it they were reluctant though. We have much tougher dog laws here tbh i think than the states do we have banned dogs deemed as dangerous unfortunately i think this means even looking like say a pitbull condemns them to being out down or at least it used too. We have a big issue with staffies they are very over bred and so our rescue centers are full of them lookong for homes i have a massive soft spot for staffies but i got told in no uncertain terms that my niece wouldnt be allowed in my house if i got a staffy until she was quite abit older so i decided that was a no go so got my little terror twins instead. Ear cropping is illegal too.

Suggs with the docked tail when i visit im almost certain this wouldnt happen if he had a normal tail his entire back end flies all over the place its almost asif his bum has to compensate for the lack of tail. Few year ago we took him to obedience classes and they got me and my dad to hide and let him find us and even she was amazed at his speed of running saying he was like a bat outta hell. They had to call the fire brigade few years back because he must of heard or smelt something and he flew into and got his head jammed in a gap between a wall and a brick pillar they had to get vets out to knock him out then chipped away at the wall. I saw the firemen who came out a few months back while i was walking him and they reconised him lmao gave him a right good fuss too.

Im off to bang my head against the wall i ordered candle tins in bulk a box of 100 and i read the sizes the wrong way round :rolleyes: so the wicks i got probably wont work not happy with myself going to have to order some more wicks now :mad:

We have similar laws here in Australia - cosmetic surgery on animals is illegal.
Tail docking and ear cropping used to be common in some breeds, but the look is almost non-existent now.

He wanted to annoy you, but also wanted you to have clean laundry? Lol. On a serious note, watch out for weird-o’s! He could have been trying to get a peek inside to rob you later.. My hubby watches too much investigation ID and he’s always warning about people like this.

I reckon they might think twice about entering the home of the caustic carrying soaper and the bonkers dog ;):D

Back