Ground pumice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using ground (fine) pumice for the first time (for a foot soap). how much should i begin with if i wanted to create a medium scrubby soap that's meant for foot?

TIA!

I've only made one soap with pumice and used 15g for a 1.5kg batch of gardeners soap. It doesn't sound much but pumice is quite light. Unfortunately the pumice I found was too fine, it would have been better if it was courser! It would be great to here what amount others with more experience than me have used.

mine came from NG. it was the finest one they have. i better use enough, coz i intend to attack that dry/coarse areas on your heels. thanks for the guidance guys.

The fine pumice I have is really, really fine. My last batch I used 1/4 cup for 2 lbs of oil. Its gentle enough you can use it on your whole body.

I can vouch for that. Obsidian's pumice soap might be my favorite whole-body soap of all time. :) For my gardener's scrub, which is good for hands or feet, I use pumice powder with a little shredded loofah. I just eyeball the amounts, though.

Latest posts

Back