Gromwell Root

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience using gromwell root in soap. It seems that in a crazy moment I bought some CO2 extract from The Herbarie. Paid way too much shipping and of course never used it. I hate when I do that! So, I know that usage is 0.04% to 1.0%. That it colors the soap magenta and probably fades to gray-purple. Seems to fade in light. Okay, so what else might this do? Would you use it in soap? Thanks, Jan

It might be good in a leave on product. In my herb notes I have treatment of psoriasis, detoxification, antibacterial, anti viral, anti inflammatory. Topical treatment of skin cancer lupus eczema, herpes. I don't believe this would stain the skin in a lotion or balm. I don't know how it works in soap.

I don't have a source of where I found this info. I am not an herbal expert and I am not making any claims. As with any information on the Internet it is best to do your own research, this is just mine.

Latest posts

Back