Greetings.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome.gif

This is how I feel! Ive made a handful of batches (ten or so) and I don’t want to slow down yet.
Haha yes yes I’ve only made seven batches so far, but I’ve started to read a lot more. Take more notes and have been looking into tussah silk and reading soap cutting reviews, to personalising a same with my initials, for a soap stamp. I find myself preparing to soap every few days, be it infusing natural colours in oils, to dehydrating roses and citrus peels . There is so much to learn!!! There are people using snails in their soap recipes something I don’t even think I’d could even use. Soaping is truly another 🌍 world 🥰.

Hi and welcome! 😁
Thank you and I adore your babyshoe name!!! It’s the cutest !🥰

Welcome, Cinnamon Le!

IrishLass :)
Thank you Irishlass 🧼🧼🧼🧼🥰!!

Thank you 🧼🥰!!

Thank you 🧼🥰!!

Welcome to the forum.:)
😊🧼thank you what a great find of a forum this place is! Thank you and happy soaping !!🧼🥰

That sounds lovely! I'm all over the map: CP, HP, LS, shave soap, syndet shampoo bars, lotions...

This forum is a great place to explore current interests and pick up a few more while you are at it. 😁
👏🏻👏🏻Aww all over the map is the way to be. I’m a super newbie to soap making(I’ve only made 7x batches so far and I’ve only recently read up Syndet shampoos myself. Such a pampering hobby this is, I’ve always loved cleaning and all good delicious smelling things, now even more so with my own made soaps!!

I am slowly learning everyday and very keen to hunt around for kindle Beginner soap making books to read, while 🧼 soaping :). My friends and I plan to soap a lot more too, (it’s all so exciting haha everything and eveyones work is so amazing and beautiful online), so we can cure them ready for Xmas 🎄the year has gone by so fast and Xmas will be here before we know it. !! Have a tops day/ night and weekend ahead !! Happy soaping AliOop🧼 🥰

Thank you 😊 🧼

You are very welcome. At least you didn't spend over a year just reading this place.

👏🏻👏🏻Aww all over the map is the way to be. I’m a super newbie to soap making(I’ve only made 7x batches so far and I’ve only recently read up Syndet shampoos myself. Such a pampering hobby this is, I’ve always loved cleaning and all good delicious smelling things, now even more so with my own made soaps!!

I am slowly learning everyday and very keen to hunt around for kindle Beginner soap making books to read, while 🧼 soaping :). My friends and I plan to soap a lot more too, (it’s all so exciting haha everything and eveyones work is so amazing and beautiful online), so we can cure them ready for Xmas 🎄the year has gone by so fast and Xmas will be here before we know it. !! Have a tops day/ night and weekend ahead !! Happy soaping AliOop🧼 🥰

I got started years ago (pre-internet) doing it for reenactments of colonial/revolutionary times. I don't make it over an open fire in a giant cauldron any longer. Now I use a crockpot. I am still learning. Never stop learning even when you think you mastered something there is always more to learn.

I got started years ago (pre-internet) doing it for reenactments of colonial/revolutionary times. I don't make it over an open fire in a giant cauldron any longer. Now I use a crockpot. I am still learning. Never stop learning even when you think you mastered something there is always more to learn.

It's so nice to meet someone who actually did those demos/reenactments of colonial days soap making! I have always been disappointed by the fact that whenever I go to an area where there is supposed to be on, the soapmaker is not there that day or gone to lunch or it's not the right season, so the demos are limited to a very few & none of the few are the soapmakers. Of course, I understand, no one can be anywhere all of the time. But I have yet to be in the right place at the right time to watch one of those demos! Once I was close, but by the time I got close enough, the soapmaker had actually just left for the day.

It's so nice to meet someone who actually did those demos/reenactments of colonial days soap making! I have always been disappointed by the fact that whenever I go to an area where there is supposed to be on, the soapmaker is not there that day or gone to lunch or it's not the right season, so the demos are limited to a very few & none of the few are the soapmakers. Of course, I understand, no one can be anywhere all of the time. But I have yet to be in the right place at the right time to watch one of those demos! Once I was close, but by the time I got close enough, the soapmaker had actually just left for the day.

It was interesting. We actually did make real soap. No scents. No colorants. It always came out smelling like a bar of Ivory soap. I didn't talk at all. I just did as instructed. There was one person each "shift" that was allowed to add the lye mix. My job was to stir. Just so exciting. Couldn't tell you what fats were used (probably lard or tallow) We were not in the main area. We mostly were off tucked away in a corner. It was fun but tiring and you were often dead tired and sore at the end of the shift. We were required to do a demo every 2 or 3 hours.

The person that got me doing the reenactments was also the person that first got me soaping.

Latest posts

Back