Greetings! Here's what I'm looking for...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissKitty

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to browsing this place, as I'm on a mission to finding some easy recipes to make some things for myself.

If anyone would like to point me to where I may find a basic shampoo and conditioner recipe that would be great. I've seen some in the past that all they really required was a certain base and then you add in whatever essential oils you want, but I can't remember what they were!

Also I'd love to find a soap recipe with fewest ingredients as possible, specifically for acne-prone/oily skin.

Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the forum MissKitty. You will need to search the forum for ideas. Since many of us have spent years perfecting our recipes we do not necessarily share them, but there are great ideas for some simple recipes. A good place to start your search is in the Beginners Soap Forum, you will find a lot of suggestions. As for shampoo bars it will depend what you are looking for, soap as shampoo, or actual syndet shampoo bars. Soap bars tend to damage hair, no matter how many consider soap based bars as shampoo

Welcome MissKitty :). Have a look in the Recipe feedback forum for other peoples recipes. It would be best to start another thread in the relevant forum for specific questions.

For my acne prone skin, I use Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair. It's the only OTC thing that has helped me and kept working for me. My acne isn't severe enough for prescription, but it's pretty persistent.

One thing you may want to try - salt bar.

100% coconut oil (I like 95% coconut an 5% castor)
20% superfat
salt (Not epsom salt or dead sea salt) I like to use about 50% of oil weight in salt.

Note: you want to use individual molds for salt bars, because they get hard and brittle FAST and will crumble when you cut them.

Melt the oils - coconut oil melts at 76 degrees, so I like to soap my soap bars at about 90 degrees. Let lye water cool to about 80-90 or so. Pour lye water into oils and blast once or twice with stick blender. Add salt. Stick blend until trace, then quickly pour into mold. You may need to stir between pouring bars if the salt is settling to the bottom. I typically soap this pretty cool, so I often find myself putting the soap pot back on the stove on LOW to get things going.

Like this:

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-17_8-52-15.png
    upload_2018-12-17_8-52-15.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 6
Back