Greetings from Tropical Java Island of Indonesia.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapformywife

Reaction score
Hello to everyone in this forum. My name is Mark. I live in Indonesia, my island is tropical 🌴 in climate and just a strait away from Bali. Recently I got married and my wife has a very sensitive skin. If she is using general store soap, her skin would become very dry and develop redness symptom.

So far there’s only 2 soap which works for her, one is Cetaphil which is great for her skin but a bit expensive 💸 for me and have no aroma, and the other is a cheaper local product soap, it smells good and work as well, the only downside is the producer doesn’t make steady stock for the sensitive variant. It has been unavailable for weeks and my wife forced to find alternative soap. The good thing is the redness symptom doesn’t occur but the dryness is still there.

So I was thinking to make my own sensitive skin soap for her. While having no background in soapmaking, I’m starting to study this new world of soapmaking. When googling the matters, I stumbled upon this forum. I found many useful information and feel the positivity of the members 🍻. I hope I can learn more in this forum so I can make a suitable soap for my wife, which I love so much.

Regards,

Mark 🐵

Welcome to SMF, @soapformywife !

I'm sure you'll find more than enough inspiration, recipes, and opinions on this forum than you'll ever need in your life! I'm also sure you will soon regret the choice of your user name, since you will love your soaps for your own, not just your wife! 😉😂

Welcome to SMF, @soapformywife !

I'm sure you'll find more than enough inspiration, recipes, and opinions on this forum than you'll ever need in your life! I'm also sure you will soon regret the choice of your user name, since you will love your soaps for your own, not just your wife! 😉😂

That's very nice of you. Ah yes you're right! I can't wait to reach that level. Thank you for your kind words 😁

Hello to everyone in this forum. My name is Mark. I live in Indonesia, my island is tropical 🌴 in climate and just a strait away from Bali. Recently I got married and my wife has a very sensitive skin. If she is using general store soap, her skin would become very dry and develop redness symptom.

So far there’s only 2 soap which works for her, one is Cetaphil which is great for her skin but a bit expensive 💸 for me and have no aroma, and the other is a cheaper local product soap, it smells good and work as well, the only downside is the producer doesn’t make steady stock for the sensitive variant. It has been unavailable for weeks and my wife forced to find alternative soap. The good thing is the redness symptom doesn’t occur but the dryness is still there.

So I was thinking to make my own sensitive skin soap for her. While having no background in soapmaking, I’m starting to study this new world of soapmaking. When googling the matters, I stumbled upon this forum. I found many useful information and feel the positivity of the members 🍻. I hope I can learn more in this forum so I can make a suitable soap for my wife, which I love so much.

Regards,

Mark 🐵
Welcome! There is a wealth of information here.

Back