Greetings from the Rockies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there,

I came across this forum during my obsessive research and reading when I was first learning about soaping.

I've been silently perusing/lurking for a while (yes I read all 40-something pages of the deodorant development, as well as the rise and fall of Genny's shampoo bar). I've read the majority of the resources linked in the "beginners" thread and then some, and watched a probably obsessive number of YouTube videos prior to starting out making my own. I've used SoapCalc and SoapFriend and read up and down about fatty acids and water discounting.

My biggest challenge has been finding a good base recipe that does not use lard or palm oil. In my area (just outside of Boulder, CO) neither of those would go over well.

I finally came up with my own "version" of the holy trinity that I personally LOVE. However I have gotten critiques that it's not "bubbly" enough and not "moisturizing" (conditioning) enough. I posted my base recipe in the Recipe Feedback area along with a brand new (to me) recipe I'm considering trying out, and would greatly appreciate input on both versions.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to getting to know all of you more!
-Dooley

Welcome! Great to "meet" you after you've been lurking for a while now.

Also, don't forget to include photos of your soaps, those are always welcome!

Latest posts

Back