Greetings from New Mexico

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audreegrl74

Reaction score
Hello to all. My name is Audree. I am new to soaping. I am an artist and love crafting. I love minimalism, science, and math. I began soaping in February with simple melt and pours, but wanted to have more control over the ingredients put into soap and so started cold process a few weeks ago. I am in love and cannot stop reading, watching, and learning about soap!!!! Thank you for allowing me to join. I've already learned a lot from reading posts on here and I jot them down in a notebook and am eager to learn so much more!

Welcome Audree, where in NM are you located? I was born and raised there - now living in Colorado. This forum rocks.

Welcome Audree, where in NM are you located? I was born and raised there - now living in Colorado. This forum rocks.
I am in Albuquerque. I live near the foothills of the Sandia Mountains. Where are you from?

I am in Albuquerque. I live near the foothills of the Sandia Mountains. Where are you from?
Also, I love this forum! So much info... It's so addicting!

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents had a little ranch above Abiquiu. Grew up in Espanola. I was a textile artist before moving here.

Welcome, Audree!

IrishLass :)
Thank you muchly!!!!! So excited!!!

My parents had a little ranch above Abiquiu. Grew up in Espanola. I was a textile artist before moving here.
Wow... Textiles right up my alley... Also, love Norteños!!! My Grandma was in Chama for many years til recently! So nice to meet you!

Wow... Textiles right up my alley... Also, love Norteños!!! My Grandma was in Chama for many years til recently! So nice to meet you!
I love yarn, crocheting, weaving, beadwork, wire weaving, watercolor painting, ink and pencil mediums... Now I have found soaping...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Audree :). I'm currently crocheting lots of things now, have done beadwork, chinese water colours, ink drawings. I'm now going to have a go at acylic pouring, just watched how to do it at an art shop last Saturday. Supplies are expensive here, so have to buy them a bit at a time. Pouring medium is $26 litre and in the US is $14 gallon (4.5 litres). Big difference:eek:.

Thank you muchly!!!!! So excited!!!

I love yarn, crocheting, weaving, beadwork, wire weaving, watercolor painting, ink and pencil mediums... Now I have found soaping...
Fantastic. Hope you post some pictures of your soap bars soon.

Also, I love this forum! So much info... It's so addicting!

I'm in RR, have you been to any of the local markets? I've been meaning to go to see how the ABQ soap scene is. Not for selling, just for local ingredients and stuff.

I'm in RR, have you been to any of the local markets? I've been meaning to go to see how the ABQ soap scene is. Not for selling, just for local ingredients and stuff.
I haven't been yet, but want to go and check them out. I noticed you can get goat's milk from a local farm and also honey from a farm here in Albuquerque... Wanted to check out Lavender in the Village but missed the festival... Also, I do use a local butcher and they sell Pig fat so I want to start rendering to make lard for soap... I think locally sourced items would be ideal for soaps!!!

Hurrah for NM! I'm from Isleta (where my dad's side lives) and hope to move back someday, but I was raised and spent most of my life here in Detroit, MI w/ mom's side. My NM family is regularly horrified by our weather up here.

Latest posts

Back