Greetings from Cornwall!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri Smith

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm Terri and I'm an American living in the UK since 2005. l started making soap last year, but cheated and was using the melt and pour method. Now I'd like to start making proper soap! Haven't quite got all the equipment needed, but I'm working on it.

Excited to get started and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the near future. Looking forward to meeting you all!
:tub:

Hi!
I'm Terri and I'm an American living in the UK since 2005. l started making soap last year, but cheated and was using the melt and pour method. Now I'd like to start making proper soap! Haven't quite got all the equipment needed, but I'm working on it.

Excited to get started and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the near future. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Welcome. I don’t consider M&P to being ‘cheating’ or less a soap than CP or HP...it’s just a different way to make soap.

I do know that soap making in the UK (and other countries) can be a bit more challenging than in the US with regards to suppliers and regulations (unless you are making it for personal use only). Good luck.

Welcome. I don’t consider M&P to being ‘cheating’ or less a soap than CP or HP...it’s just a different way to make soap.

I do know that soap making in the UK (and other countries) can be a bit more challenging than in the US with regards to suppliers and regulations (unless you are making it for personal use only). Good luck.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I guess that was a poor choice of wording. My thinking is that MP is easier than CP, but I may change my mind once I get started!

Welcome!
For what it's worth, I would consider myself sort of talented at CP soapmaking (and I don't throw the word around lightly because of extreme low self confidence issues that seem to pervade every other aspect of my life). That aside: MP design baffles me. I've tried several times to get a nice looking swirl in melt and pour and I'm always disappointed with my result. So anyone who can work with MP impresses me! I don't find it easy at all!

Back