Greetings From Central Texas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Vohs

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I spent a couple years making Melt and Pour bars about a decade ago, always wanting to jump in to CP but never having the "courage". I was scared of the science behind it, having never studied chemistry (was always a biology girl in school).
Well around Christmas this past year, after many trips to Lush for gifts to various family members and drooling over the soaps there, I decided to try my hand at soap making again and this time delving into CP. After a month or so of reading everything I could get my hands on, then buying supplies, I made my first batch. Then my second, and my third, my fourth, etc. Get the picture? I am SO hooked! Everything that has cured so far has been great, and I LOVE the creativity of it! I can definitely see this as a long term hobby and possibly a business in the future.

Looking forward to meeting all here and learning from everyone!

Laura

Welcome to the forum. I think many of us were fearful when we first started soaping. I know I was.

Wlcome, Laura!

It took me a year to work up the courage, and once I made my first batch, I gave myself a swift kick for being such a scaredy-cat for waiting so long. lol

IrishLass :)

Welcome Laura :).

A long term hobby -yes.

A lot of people look at it as a business for the future. It's not as easy as you think. The profit margins are low for the amount of effort required. Not a business to make your millions.

Welcome to the community, Laura! My family loves getting soap gifts, I'm sure yours will, too! Have fun, it's a very stimulating hobby/business, you can take it in any direction that suits you! Just have fun !

Back