Greetings From Blighty

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funny-Candles

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Been lurking around for a few months so decided to join. I've been making soaps and candles for a wee while (20 odd years), I tend to mostly make comedy candles now!

Looking forward to joining in with discussions :)

I'm not sure if I can post most of the pics (because most are rude!)

I had a friend of a friend make a killing selling an appropriate soap on a rope at the San Francisco Exotic Erotic ball when I lived in San Francisco. My bet would be the soap itself wasn't very good (he was not a "soap guy"). But he sold out his entire stock.

Buy me a coke is a new one to me, snappy, is that a Colorado thing?

I showed my age... it's from an old SNL skit. The song...

"Jinx, buy me a coke.
The king of France wet his pants right in the middle of a polka dance.
Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na NAAAAA"

In our family, jinxing someone is a race to see who can see the song as quickly and loudly as possible... the loser cannot speak until someone else says that person's name.

We are a loud, proud, dorky family :)

I showed my age... it's from an old SNL skit. The song...

"Jinx, buy me a coke.
The king of France wet his pants right in the middle of a polka dance.
Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na NAAAAA"

In our family, jinxing someone is a race to see who can see the song as quickly and loudly as possible... the loser cannot speak until someone else says that person's name.

We are a loud, proud, dorky family :)

OK, I know that I am older than you, so you are not dating yourself. Your family sounds awesome and fun.

Ohhh, so that's where the kids show "Kim Possible" got the "Jinx, you owe me a soda" thing. It all makes sense now!

Hello by the way, I'm sure your "comedy candles" are interesting!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

RE: the Coke thing- At the risk of dating myself, I think the origins go back further than SNL because I can remember me and my siblings (and all the neighborhood kids) back in the '60's always yelling out, 'You owe me a Coke!' anytime we happened to say the same thing at the same time. lol

IrishLass :)

Yep, me too! We had the "you owe me a Coke" thing with Jinx also back in the 60's.

And in the Deep South, "Coke" means any carbonated non-alcoholic beverage, not necessarily Coca-Cola. You can hear someone say, "Get me a Coke, too." And the reply is, "What kind?"

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
I love the idea of the neighborhood kids yelling out "you owe me a coke!" I had that too, and playing cat's cradle, and double skip rope. These days it seems like they are all inside playing with their gameboxes or something. It is kind of sad, you can't even say "go out and play with everyone else" because everyone else is ensconced inside.

Last edited:
Back