Greetings From Atlanta, Georgia! :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loveinspired77x

Reaction score
Thank you for allowing me to join the forum!

I'm a new soaper...I've only been doing it for about 5 months now and I absolutely LOVE IT! I mostly make cold process soaps but am about to venture into making bath bombs and sugar scrubs.

I just opened my own Etsy store a few days ago and already made THREE SALES IN ONE DAY, so I am currently floating on Cloud 9!
I've attached a couple shops of my soaps.

I am looking forward to learning all there is to know about soaping and all other bath and beauty products from each and every one of YOU! Peace!

Angelic Dream.jpg

Blueberry Garden.jpg

Girly Girl.jpg

Her Majesty.jpg

Mint Chocolate Duo.JPG

WINTER Cold.jpg

Thanks guys!

Please pardon me...I have NO INTENTIONS of selling anything on this forum at all, which is why I was careful not to even mention a shop name or post a link. Sorry if my post appeared as such. I was just sharing some info about myself and wanted to share my joy, because I wasn't expecting it so soon...that's all!

It's not about selling things on the forum, but rather that as a very new soaper you have unanswered questions which should be answered before you sell.

One example - what is your soap like in one year, or even just six months? Does it get DOS? Full on proper mould? Does the scent morph in to something horrid? Even if you are selling soaps based on your very first batch, you would only have a five month old example on hand, and people can often store soap for much longer than that before using it. Of course, as you're selling you're formulating your own recipes, so the recipe you're selling is less than 5 months old.

Hello fellow GA soaper, I was just in Atlanta at the beginning of the month. I'm so jealous that you have some many ingredients that you can access so easily. When I come back up my aunt is taking me shopping for more soaping ingredients.
If you haven't already, swing by the newbie forum and read the hot button issues section it will help you understand more why people may seem so passionate about somethings than others and that they are not trying to be mean they just want to help. *cough*zap*cough**cough*test*cough* :D

Welcome Loveinspired77x! :wave:

Your soaps look quite lovely.

The "hot button' thread that MissLunaB mentioned above in her post can be found here in the Announcements section.

IrishLass :)

It's not about selling things on the forum, but rather that as a very new soaper you have unanswered questions which should be answered before you sell.

One example - what is your soap like in one year, or even just six months? Does it get DOS? Full on proper mould? Does the scent morph in to something horrid? Even if you are selling soaps based on your very first batch, you would only have a five month old example on hand, and people can often store soap for much longer than that before using it. Of course, as you're selling you're formulating your own recipes, so the recipe you're selling is less than 5 months old.

The only thing I would like to add is what was said here is do you carry Liability Insurance? All it takes is for someone to use your soap, get a rash, and file suit against you to jeopardize everything you have worked for your entire life.

Back