greetings and ideas???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Nelson

Reaction score
Hi and new to this forum. I had an idea of doing some solidified whipped wax chunks and over pouring contrasting colors. I am trying to get a kinda puffy cloud effect. Any ideas/suggestions?

you mean like making a candle that looked like a cloud??? I think itd be cool!....white n blue :)

I remember I used to buy these candles at Hot Topic or Spencer Gifts that were black on the outside but the longer you burned them the more colors the wax would be...it was like a rainbow hidden in a black candle!

not really, I mean an acctual pillar that has say blue grungy chunks and a white overpour,kinda like a chunk but I want a cloud effect. I am thinking I will have to over dip the 'chunks' to prevent a ton of air bubbles. Has anyone ever done this before?

Do you mean like this:

ManifestCandle2.jpg

This is easy you have to have enough chunks to fill the mold with room. Pour the wax first but not to the top like 3/4, then drop the chunks in the mold.

Or like this:

Moonstruckmagicallcandles2.jpg

Here I added the chunks first and then pour the wax over it.

thanks, and I agree, pretty. But I meant like a pffy cloud effect. Maybe different shaped chunks? I will have to experament this weekend?

pepperi27 said:
Do you mean like this:

ManifestCandle2.jpg

This is easy you have to have enough chunks to fill the mold with room. Pour the wax first but not to the top like 3/4, then drop the chunks in the mold.

Or like this:

I saw a pic in a book where you pour candle wax over ice. As the ice melts it leaves pockets in the candle. It looked incredible. Have you tried this technique?

to get a puffy look .. add some cornstarch to your wax and whipp it .. it will stay fully ,, i've done that method for hot coco candles for a whipped cream effect

Chay said:
pepperi27 said:
Do you mean like this:

ManifestCandle2.jpg

Or like this:

I saw a pic in a book where you pour candle wax over ice. As the ice melts it leaves pockets in the candle. It looked incredible. Have you tried this technique?

No because it didn't appeal to me.

PixieWick said:
to get a puffy look .. add some cornstarch to your wax and whipp it .. it will stay fully ,, i've done that method for hot coco candles for a whipped cream effect

That sounds awesome pixie! Great idea thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back