Greener Life program

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal43

Reaction score
Does having the greener life program benefit if I don’t have a business. I just want the lye for the extra 20% off. How does it work?

I see they have the 16lb of lye for 55.00. With GL you can get an extra 20% off. No free shipping

The math is simple...it's $60.00 a year. 10lbs of lye currently sells for $66.62. Times 20% = 13.32. 60/13.32 = 4.5. You would need to purchase 50lbs of lye a year to get that $60.00 back.

It would be worth it for me. I easily go through 50 lbs of lye and I can get the 20% off buying via Amazon where I have Prime and free shipping. You get two free drying trays a year if you post a product to the directory, free masks, blah blah blah plus more discounts. Only one small thing...with the discount, their lye would be $5.33/lb. I found a local soap supplier and can get it for $2.50/lb. But I do like their trays and I do like their molds. The free trays alone would make it with joining the club.

Actually there is a lifetime GL club membership that is paid for only once. When I joined the lifetime, I also got a 'free' soap cutter that normally costs more then the lifetime membership, so way worth it in my case. It was a promotional offer, though, so they are not doing that anymore. But you don't have to pay the $5 per month price, either.

IMO it has been worth the price for the GL Club membership. There are other deals I sometimes take advantage of, which may or may not interest to you, but even for just the savings on lye, I have found it to be worth it.

Latest posts

Back