Green Tea in a cream. Powder or Liquid?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CastileAway

Reaction score
I'd like to add Green Tea Extract to a cream I'm making and I don't know which form to use.

A liquid extract containg Green Tea, Spring Water and Organic Grain Alcohol USP.

...or...

A green tea extract in powder form.

I will already be using other powders, so I don't know if too many will make it too thick. If it does, I'll probably have to add more water and I believe creams need less water. Also, I don't want any exfoliating scrub feeling to it.

The other powders will be a small amount of vitamins, perhaps some MSM, and another herb.

Have you thought about using your water and soaking tea bags in it to make a tea.. and do it that way?

The green tea is more powerful and more expensive. The Green Tea liquid is primarily tea. You have to have a pretty sensative scale when using the power too. It only takes a little. I use the powder in my lotions and creams.

smellitlikeitis said:
Have you thought about using your water and soaking tea bags in it to make a tea.. and do it that way?

Yes, I did consider that but I wanted an extract for more punch by weight. But if I need more water than what I will already being using with hydrosols, I might still do that.

garland68 said:
The green tea is more powerful and more expensive. The Green Tea liquid is primarily tea. You have to have a pretty sensative scale when using the power too. It only takes a little. I use the powder in my lotions and creams.

The liquid is supposed to be an extract, not just a tea.

How sensitive of a scale? Mine is just a basic kitchen scale. I think it does increments of 0.1 ounces, or grams.

I get most of my ingredients from the Herbarie. The suggested use of the Green tea power I use is .01% to .1%. My scale does increments of .001 ounces.

Back