Green + sweet scents you love?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I really like Lebermuth's Black Currant & Tomato. Apparently it's only available by special order? But it was a tomato leaf scent, not a tomato scent. What other scents that have elements of green + something sweet do you like?

I really like Lebermuth's Black Currant & Tomato. Apparently it's only available by special order? But it was a tomato leaf scent, not a tomato scent. What other scents that have elements of green + something sweet do you like?

WSP Bamboo and Lotus is green and light floral. It is a light fragrance, but seems to be holding up very well. I also didn't have any problems soaping it.

BB Sea Moss is one that I love. BUT, I've used it in M&P and with some liquid soap base and lotion base. Reading the reviews make me afraid to use it for CP.

That sounds like a great scent! My suggestions are probably in a different vein that that one:
Nature's Garden Bamboo & White Grapefruit and Baby Graceful--both are green and a little bit sweet to me.

Nature's Garden Bamboo & White Grapefruit is not sticking well for me in CP soap -- it starts out pretty light and fades from there. The scent works well in other things such as lotion or sugar scrubs, however. It's more grapefruit and not very much bamboo to my nose so I don't perceive it as a "green" scent. NG Ruby Red Grapefruit is similar but definitely sticks better in soap, but ruby red grapefruit isn't "green" to me, even though I like it a lot. :)

I like NG Sweetgrass and MMS Sweetgrass in what I think is that sweet-green-herbal category. They're both fairly similar and stick well in soap. Also NG Green Tea and MMS Green Tea would be possibilities. The NG green tea seems sweeter and the MMS version seems greener, but I'd use both interchangeably. These tea FOs seem to have a hint of mint to my nose.

I agree with NG's Bamboo White Grapefruit and even Ruby Red Grapefruit did not last for me long term, both faded to almost nothing. I do like Sweetgrass from NG a lot.

I'll have to go back to the soap I scented with ruby red grapefruit and double check, now that you've shared your experience, Shari. It seemed like it was sticking when I last checked, but it's been awhile.

SOS' Pink Cupcake is surprisingly nice but incredibly strong and sweet OOB. As fro green scents, Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea is a scent I'd love to soap with when I find the right one.

For green scents, I love:

MMS's Green Tea (it's green with just the right hint of sweetness)
Oregon Trail's Rosemary Mint
WSP's Aloe & Green Clover
WSP's Green Tea & Cucumber (love, love, love this scent!)
Wsp's Fresh Cut Grass (can't get much greener than grass! lol).

For sweet, I love these:

Peak's Wild Mountain Honey
Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses
Peak's Black Raspberry Vanilla
Oregon Trails' Yuzu (Brambleberry has a yummy Yuzu, too)

There's probably more, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top mf my head right now

IrishLass :)

For green, I love BB Bamboo Lotus in B&B. Another one that isn't a traditional green scent but still smells summery/clean to me: BB Ginger Patchouli. The patch is there, but even folks that don't like patch normally like this one.

For sweet, there are so many.. recently I made WSP Apple Mango Tango and really liked it. Other good ones: NG Bite Me, WSP Black Cherry, and BB Ginger Ale.

But it was a tomato leaf scent, not a tomato scent.

WSP Tomato FO is dead-on in CP for a true tomato plant/leaf scent. We grow tomatoes every year and THIS is THE scent of picking tomatoes!!

"BB Sea Moss is one that I love. BUT, I've used it in M&P and with some liquid soap base and lotion base. Reading the reviews make me afraid to use it for CP."

Don't be afraid of BB Sea Moss for CP. It moves fast but it's doable.

Back