Green silicone loaf mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bnky

Reaction score
Does anyone have the green silicone molds and if so how do you get the soap out?

Gently pull each side of the mold to break the seal of the soap. Then turn it upside down on a firm surface. With the palms of your hands, push steadily straight down on one side of the bottom of the mold. You will feel and hear the suction break and the soap release. Do the same on the other side. The loaf should then fall out easily.

I guess I should have let my soap sit in the mold another 24 hours, there is not way that soap would fall out easily :) .

The only other thing I can think of is to put it in the freezer for a couple of hours.

I have that mold. I do the same as Tom, but mine doesn't "fall out easily" either. I have to keep pusing down on the bottom of the mold evenly until it is out. I have never had a problem though and I love these molds!

Thanks Tom & PugMom. I'll have to give it a try again. Do you know if you can grease the sides with petroleum jelly? Someone had suggested that and I thought that was a good idea. I guess I could always line it also, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the silicone. My recipe is a 44 hardness (in soapcalc) which shouldn't be a problem. I could tweak it to make it harder...I just hate doing that because it seems you loose some of the conditioning. Thanks again for your assistance...maybe my next batch will come out smooth.

Back