Green oxide and "Mountain Rain"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm playing around with some green oxide and blue mica, trying to get a handle on how much to use. I managed to get just the colors I was trying for. The fragrance is called, "Mountain Rain," which I ordered from Bulk Apothecary. To me, it smells like fabric softener. While I've never been on a mountain in the rain, I'm pretty sure it doesn't smell like my laundry room. It is pleasant, though, and at least smells clean.

1472750226461.jpg

Very nice! I love following the colors across the bar of soap with my eyes

I'm playing around with some green oxide and blue mica, trying to get a handle on how much to use. I managed to get just the colors I was trying for. The fragrance is called, "Mountain Rain," which I ordered from Bulk Apothecary. To me, it smells like fabric softener. While I've never been on a mountain in the rain, I'm pretty sure it doesn't smell like my laundry room. It is pleasant, though, and at least smells clean.

Your soap is pretty.

I agree, rain has never been reminiscent of laundry to me either. As to how rain smells in mountainous areas, it varies with location. I usually notice ozone, but even that varies with the location, elevation and intensity of a storm. Plant oils and the odors from spores that are 'stirred up' by the rain also vary with location.

I love the smell of rain in most places, but as you can imagine it smells different in high desert mountains than it does in a rain forest.

The colors go really well together. The diagonal across the soap is really a cool effect.

Thanks, guys! I feel like I'm starting to understand how to work with colors. Although this one was almost accidental. The "Mountain Rain" moved faster than I expected, so I had to move fast, too!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back