Green mica turned brown

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckscent

Reaction score
So I was making some Christmas tree embeds in my mold, I used BB shamrock green, only green I have right now. Looked at them today they where brown, mold is just a silicone tree mold. Why?

Yeah, many Christmas fo'so have vanilla that discolors.

Nurture's green vibrance morphs on me but only temporarily. In about 2 to 3 days it bounces back.

You have to double check micas. Some are not cp soap stable.
From brambleberry's website on shamrock green mica:
Not recommended for cold process soap. This color will morph.

Sorry it didn't work out for you!

Lily Pad Green Mica from WSP turned a very nice light tan. It looks like I didn't even use any of it.

If you have any dried parsley, you might try infusing oil with it to use for your embeds. Here is a link with info. on using natural colorants in cp soap.

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com/soapcolors.html

It won't stay green. Most of the suggestions on that website will fade over a month or two some earlier than that. It's a waste of time and money. There are a few lists on this forum of stable natural colourants.

Green Vibrance from Nurture turns an ugly gold and does not morph back for me :-(

Mine is really odd too. It morphs into this gross Army color and then sometimes goes back/sometimes stays. I've gotten morphed and original color on the same bar. :confused:

It's the only mica from Nurture that I don't like. All the others are awesome.

I bought Shamrock Green from Brambleberry once. I was so mad! Then I reread the item description. <facepalm>

Back