Greek Yogurt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann Marie

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to make a greek yogurt soap but was wondering what you all might recommend in so far as percentage of yogurt. I have heard that some people use yogurt for all of their water, and others use only 1/3 yogurt, and others 1tblsp ppo. Any suggestions? Thanks

I add mine at trace. I use about 5% of yogurt to weight of oil which is not really a lot. So I do not discount my water for this. My skin do not really like too much of yogurt so I won't exceed the 5%.

I used frozen homemade yogurt as 100% of the liquid and it made fantastic soap. Greek yogurt is thicker than my yogurt so you might want to use a percentage with the rest water.

The only greek yogurt I like in my soap is Cabot. I tried others and got cakey soap. I use 3-5oz in a 3 lb batch. I usually mix it with milk like coconut, soy, or goat so I have a thick creamy dense type milk. Works great! But my store discontinued the Cabot so now I just use regular yogurt and actually like it better than greek in my soap.

I also use homemade yogurt in one of my soaps (honey yogurt). I make it with raw milk and then freeze it in individual plastic containers. I use the yogurt for all of the liquid called for in the soap unless I have drained the whey off first (I use the whey to make protein shakes). If the whey has been drained off, I use half yogurt, half water in the recipe.

Latest posts

Back