Great Ylang Ylang FO

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Saponificarian

Reaction score
Hello all,

My soul is crazing a great Ylang Ylang FO. I know there is an EO a member recommended but I want an FO that is creamy and luscious like the Ylang Ylang EO I got from Soapkitchen a few years ago. I am not sure they still have it as crops change so do EOs so I don’t want to risk it and I want fragrance oil anyways.

So please if you know any supplier with great YlangYlang FO, pretty please share.

soapmaker

Soapmaker
Reaction score
If I remember correctly WSP does not have a Ylang Ylang FO. Maybe not even NG. But I know I was looking for one and bought NDA's. I don't know as I'd call it creamy and luscious, but maybe a little sweet? floral and a little like Jasmine. Ylang and Jasmine are hard to describe for me. They are love/hate FOs.
ETA: I always use Ylang in a blend.

Saponificarian

Reaction score
Thank you @soapmaker I see Oregon trails have Ylang Ylang FO but shipping isn't friendly at all. Jasmine, I like in little doses. Gardenia, I love. Ylang Ylang EOs 1 and 3 the one's from NDA I hate as there is a smell much like the back end of a baboon that gross me out. The EO from Soap Kitchen, I love but I am pretty sure they are out of the batch I bought because it was from 2018 and a new EO batch might not be as great. Since NDA doesn't have a minimum order anymore, I am going to splurge on the 100ml Ylang Ylang FO.:D

Saponificarian

Reaction score
Just updating this as I checked the 2 bottles of Ylang Ylang EOs I have from NDA and FreshSkin UK and no baboon smell anymore! :oops:

Both are from April and January 2018 respectively so maybe time does help this particular EO. Not as creamy as what I got from Soap Kitchen but it's a nice floral now.

In other news, I found the best Jasmine, the best Patchouli, the best of all the orchids, the best rose and the best gardenia for me! from different suppliers. Several thousands of money later ;)

Finnegan

Reaction score
In other news, I found the best Jasmine, the best Patchouli, the best of all the orchids, the best rose and the best gardenia for me! from different suppliers. Several thousands of money later ;)
I LOVE fragrances and fragrance oils, so I am happy for you that you have found the perfect fragrances. I use to order FO's from the US (The Scent Works was my go-go supplier), but with escalating courier costs, and our weakening currency, it is not economically possible anymore :-(

But I still read the descriptions of the different FO's from US suppliers like WSP and Brambleberry and drool.

Virgogoddess

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is older but Oregon trails ylang ylang is so good! It’s one of my best selling lotion bars that I make. Sells out! It’s worth the shipping. 😉

Latest posts