Great Shampoo bar HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCsuds

Reaction score
I wanted to post this recipe as it is wonderful. I infused 2 oz chamomile blossoms in the oils except the shea butter (I added that in the end ) I used flat dark beer for the liquid /lye solution I basically made up this recipe according to what I had to work with, and what understanding I have gained from this forum and the books I have about the properties of the oils . I understand this will not be very cleansing more a conditioning I used rosemary and mint EO Thanks James

Amount %
Avocado Oil 440.00g 27.85%
Castor Oil 120.00g 7.59%
Olive Oil 600.00g 37.97%
Shea Butter (Unrefined) 120.00g 7.59%
Sunflower Seed Oil 300.00g 18.99%
6% Lye (Sodium Hydroxide) Amount 198.039g
Grams of liquid recommended 521.40g
Yields 2299.44g

The fragrance from the chamomile is amazing as it smells so earthy. The calendula wont have any benefit ?

I think experimentation is wonderful! How else can you learn for yourself and see what works and does not. I loved all my science labs in college for that reason. I came across my favorite soap in just the way you mentioned. Not what I expected but came out so wonderful!

The other way to learn is to share would you mind sharing your favourite soap recipe with me ?

Back