Great News and a soaping idea

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBeachy

Reaction score
Well, I'm in a good mood today. It's Friday,working 1/2 day, prepping for some soaps this weekend AND...chocolate is not only good for you, now it helps keep you thin. :p

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eating-lots-of-chocolate-helps-people-stay-thin-study-finds/

I've said for years that chocolate is it's own food group. Think I'm gonna make millions designing the new "Chocolate Diet"!!!:wink:

So I have 4 batches planned this weekend, and couldn't come up with a 4th scent/color scheme. After this wonderful article, I've decided on a chocolate bar. haha I'm making a planer this weekend as well, and now thinking of how to make a "reverse beveler", to engrave lines on the soap.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I Hope you post pictures. You see, I AM A VEGETARIAN...ha ha....Chocolate is from a BEAN, and BEANS grow on a Plant, Plants make SALAD, I eat Salad, so...I am a VEGETARIAN....ha ha....Cause Chocolate is NOW a SALAD...ha ha:crazy::lol::lol::wave:

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I Hope you post pictures. You see, I AM A VEGETARIAN...ha ha....Chocolate is from a BEAN, and BEANS grow on a Plant, Plants make SALAD, I eat Salad, so...I am a VEGETARIAN....ha ha....Cause Chocolate is NOW a SALAD...ha ha:crazy::lol::lol::wave:

I'm loving the way you think!! Plus, this gives me a whole new angle on the new diet book. hahaha

Just had a brainstorm today as well, for the soap and chocolate in general. For the soap, I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

For the chocolate. Dark chocolate is better for you than other chocolates because it has more phytonutrients and anti-oxidants.So if the other chocolates have less, that means I need to double or triple up on them to get enough benefits. Yeah, I think that's reasonable. :)

Well, I'm in a good mood today. It's Friday,working 1/2 day, prepping for some soaps this weekend AND...chocolate is not only good for you, now it helps keep you thin. :p

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eating-lots-of-chocolate-helps-people-stay-thin-study-finds/

I've said for years that chocolate is it's own food group. Think I'm gonna make millions designing the new "Chocolate Diet"!!!:wink:

So I have 4 batches planned this weekend, and couldn't come up with a 4th scent/color scheme. After this wonderful article, I've decided on a chocolate bar. haha I'm making a planer this weekend as well, and now thinking of how to make a "reverse beveler", to engrave lines on the soap.

Awesomeness all the way around!

..and I figured I may as well fess up about my 'whole' addiction since I already spilled the beans about soaping...changed me siggy :p

Yes!!! It's what I have suspected for so long. Oh, the sweet, chocolaty smell of victory!!!!! WooHoo!!!

Come to the dark side- the chocolate is better for you here.

IrishLass :)

As far as chocolate goes, I'm pretty sure i have a condo and a lifetime membership over on the dark side.

..and I figured I may as well fess up about my 'whole' addiction since I already spilled the beans about soaping...changed me siggy :p

Haahaha, Addiction and "oholic" are merely misunderstood words. I like to think of it as more in line with "being one step ahead of the poor people who are abstaining"

Love the addition to the sig:lol:.

I'm with you.

And I kind of want to cry because I have two full unopened, 90count boxes of chocolate.

........................And I've had 8 kids tonight.

Sounds like you're gonna be all set for my new diet. I'll send you a free copy of the book. As soon as I put down my chocolate bar and start writing.

Better yet, 3 oz of dark chocolate (70% or higher) a day will reduce the chance of heart attack and stroke, particularly in men over 45 by a large percentage (varies by group and risk category). Yes, seriously.

Our school always goes Trick or Treating to stores and businesses Halloween morning. I had one little guy who was absent so I took a bag around for him. Kept telling people "It's really not mine. I have one absent." When they would answer incredulously, I'd add, "Well, I never said I wouldn't pilfer." And I did take a piece of his chocolate!

Better yet, 3 oz of dark chocolate (70% or higher) a day will reduce the chance of heart attack and stroke, particularly in men over 45 by a large percentage (varies by group and risk category). Yes, seriously.

Absolutely true. Thanks for pointing out that additional benefit. Melt that down on a strawberry and we get some vitamin C added in. The possibilities are endless. :smile:

Hello my name is Pepsi Girl and I am a chocoholic!
I'm all in! Nothing like a piece of dark chocolate and a diet Pepsi. It's been nearly 50 years and I'm not fat or skinny.

I may need to use you as my "diet testimonial" :smile:

Our school always goes Trick or Treating to stores and businesses Halloween morning. I had one little guy who was absent so I took a bag around for him. Kept telling people "It's really not mine. I have one absent." When they would answer incredulously, I'd add, "Well, I never said I wouldn't pilfer." And I did take a piece of his chocolate!

I think that would just be considered a finders fee. I myself could never trust a person who could walk around with a bag of chocolate and not eat at least one.

Absolutely disappointed in my Chocolate bar soap I made this weekend. The bar came out ok, but the scent smells exactly like chocolate cake, not a chocolate bar. Sigh.

Now, chocolate cake is still chocolate. So it still not a total loss. But it just wasn't what I was going for. Anyone have a line on a Chocolate scent that comes out smelling like milk or dark chocolate?

Back