great coupon deal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
At CVS today I bought:

4 boxes frosted flakes
5 boxes special k
3 boxes raisin bran
4 lrg bottles of men's body wash
3 pack intuition razor refills
2 boxes stayfree (36 count ea)
1 box tampons (18 count)

and only paid $18.00! My total before coupons was $115.00 I know CVS is higher than some other stores, but even if it carried a $95.00 Walmart price tag- I saved big time!

Each item was on sale at the store plus I had manufacturers coupons for each. I quailied for a $10.00 gas card from CVS & a $5.00 gas card from Kellogs and $5.00 in mail in rebates.

Those are great savings!! Looks like you are slowly becoming addicted to couponing and that is a good addiction cause look at how much money you're saving!!

I am always addicted to something, my husband is thrilled this one saves money, rather than costing us money.

Awesome Tabitha!! Definately something to brag about! I wish I could do that :(

lauramw71 said:
That's so nice. I just grasp a good deal too Justice coupon: 40% off sitewide, stacks with sale items up to 50% off. Lots of amazing products. Cann't help sharing it with ur guys.

lauramw71 said:

Why can't you? I just started couponing about a month ago, 3-4 weeks.

I just started doing it about 2 weeks ago as well. I haven't been able to get as far as I liked, as I had a house guest for half that time, but I did manage to get a really good deal on Starbucks coffee and toothbrushes.

Starbucks coffee natural fusions usually goes for about $9.99 a bag. It was on sale this week at Walgreens for $6.49 and I had a $1.50 coupon. So I got it for $4.99. It's about a 50% savings.

I also got Oral B indicator toothbrushes for free. Walgreens had them 2 for 2 and I had a $2.00 off coupon from the P & G saver on 2 Oral B indicator toothbrushes.

I should note that I was unable to get these items at Walgreens (they sold out), and instead had to ad match them at Walmart. They ad matched with no problems whatsoever, so I think to save gas I will be doing a lot of ad matching in the future, unless it's something that gives me register reward money that I can use for another purchase.

I've been working up a spreadsheet to inventory the coupons I have and match them to sales from the fliers. That way I can generate organized shopping lists. The way I figure it once I finish the spreadsheet and get all my formulas plugged in I'm looking at about 2 hours a week shopping preparation. Which will pay me in the long run if I'm able to save money.

It's a small start, but any start to saving money is a good one in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back