grease cutting formula??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcleodnaturals

Reaction score
My hubby is a farmer and also works in the oil field so he has the dirtiest, greasiest hands when he gets home from work. Tonight he asked me to buy him some "real" hand soap when I go to town tomorrow. Needless to say I'm a little ticked at him... :x So what I am wondering is if anyone has a kick ass recipe for grease cutting that I can make so he'll stop pestering me to buy him detergent laden nasty soap~!!! Oh and he HATES scrubby stuff in his soap, it must hurt his tender hands...teehee:roll:

:D

I've been usin 100% coconut oil at 5% and it has worked pretty well. Except I added coffee grounds to mine for grease cutting. It's hard on the arms but ok for hands. Also has pumice & walnut shells in it, but they aren't noticeable as far as grit goes. The only thing it hasn't worked well on was the real black diesel drain oil.

At present I am just starting to try luffa in my hand soap.

i make a mechanics soap that my liquid is strongly brewed coffee, i add ground coffee, orange peel and pumice. ( run all this thru a coffee grinder ) and scent it with a blend of 1:1 sweet orange oil and sandalwood fo

the sweet orange oil seems to help cut the grease.

i seen one on the internet that had a touch of turpentine in it.

^^^
Holy expensive!

Sandalwood is outrageous... and has a pretty big environmental impact.

Have you checked out sandalwood replacements? I think EOU has one.

I think citrus is best for cutting grease even better is rosemary and citrus combined. 100% CO with 20SF would work too if the 5% SF is too hard for his skin.

Latest posts

Back