Grapeseed oil at Walmart

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campbellsoap

Reaction score
I noticed tonight when I was at Walmart there was a area called "Kosher" and they had Grapeseed Oil for $4 something and I'm sure how many oz was in the bottle but that was the first time I've seen the "Kosher" area.

Sorry if this is old news.

jackie

The Wal-Mart in Florida used to carry it, but up here in MO they don't. :( The regular grocery store does though! Grapeseed oil is very conditioning and I use it mainly in my lotions and creams and emulsified body butters, but occasionally I pull out a recipe i have that uses it!

Thanks!

Paul

you know, i am really not a huge fan of walmart, but i've been forced to make a couple of trips lately to pick up stuff for my folks and i have been suprised (socks knocked right off!!) :shock: at some of the stuff they have! Fresh and canned GM, coconut oil, lard....its like soaper's paradise. they should change it to SoapMart.

i saw something yesterday that i can't remember what it was, not soap related, but i said, "____ at walmart, now i've seen everything!" too bad my brain has been mush for 3 days.

<hijack>

I have wanted to try grapeseed oil in soap as it has some qualities that I would like to add to my soap. However - the shelf life of grapeseed oil is very short so I have resisted. Has anyone had problems with DOS using grapeseed oil?

</hijack>

Marr said:
<hijack>

I have wanted to try grapeseed oil in soap as it has some qualities that I would like to add to my soap. However - the shelf life of grapeseed oil is very short so I have resisted. Has anyone had problems with DOS using grapeseed oil?

</hijack>

I just add some T-50 (natural vitamin E) when I get it home and that stabilizes it. I do that to all oils prone to early rancidity. A quart of Grapeseed Oil, I add 5 grams, 1/3 teaspoon of T-50 and give it a good stir with my drink mixing shaft on my stick blender! Works perfectly! :)

Thanks Paul - I'll try that.

I generally buy smaller amounts of rancid prone oils but it's a pain.

Ok something else to explain for me please. What is T-50 and what is it used for?
Many Thanks in advance!!

Reading everything here I wish I wasn't anti Wal-Mart! I'm so tempted to go check it out because I live in the middle of nowhere and finding anything is almost impossible.

MakeArtNotWar said:
Reading everything here I wish I wasn't anti Wal-Mart! I'm so tempted to go check it out because I live in the middle of nowhere and finding anything is almost impossible.

being new to north america..i am wondering why are you anti walmart..?

Back