Grapefruit & Lemongrass

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candybee

Reaction score
This is round 2 of my sunflower oil soap. I revised the recipe a bit. I am also practicing this swirl and this recipe is great for this particular swirl. Its supposed to produce 'blossom' like swirls.

The scent combo is my own. Its a blend of FOs and EOs and I wish this forum had scratch and sniff because it came out lovely; fresh, citrusy, and breezy.

Here are some pics of it in the mold and cut.

Grapefruit & Lemongrass.jpg

Grapefruit & Lemongrass2 (2).jpg

Grapefruit & Lemongrass3 (2).jpg

Last edited:
i have to say, your inside swirls are GORGEOUS!! i know how annoying it is if we failed to achieve what we intended, including a yellow that is not dark enough. what kind of colorant did you use for your yellow?

Thank you seven. I am using micas from Nurturesoapsupplies.com. I think once I quit fiddling with the recipe and get used to the new oil combo I will have a better idea how much color to use. That's my excuse and I am sticking with it! LOL

Wow, what beautiful soap! :D Love the swirl that you achieved on the top and on the inside! It really does look like blossoms on the inside. Is there a name for the swirl technique you used?

The scent combo you used sounds so uplifting and refreshing. The last 3 batches I've made all have citrus scents as well... They make me feel happy and remind me of spring. :)

I think your yellow came out nicely! I've just started experimenting with micas and neons, since yellow oxide was too dark and mustard-like in tone. The yellow micas and neon powders seem to just disappear into the batter at a lower usage rate.

Ooooo I love those colors!!! Looks awesome!!! I can't wait to get my neon yellow and pink in.

Thank you for all the nice compliments! The colors are from Nurturesoapsupplies.com. I am having excellent success with their colorants and the neons I have tried so far are also working great in CP.

Don't know the name of the swirl. But there was a link on another forum to it. Its called "cherry blossom soap" by Ione? and its on youtube. Its a fairly long video, about 20 minutes, but so worth it. She makes it look sooooo easy!

Your colours came out wonderful. Could you please put up a link to the vid for the swirls, as I've looked and was unable to find it.
Thank you.

I also like the base color, I think it goes nicely with the shade of pink you have. It's really pretty.

Beautiful swirl and colours! I definitely see a nice yellow base!

Back