Goof Up Again... Humbug

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I do not know where my brain is these days. Even my hubby tells me I make to many mistakes when batching up my soap. :( But as I tell him I can fix it, that is what counts. I was batching up a couple of buckets of my Vegan recipe, that went fine. I also batched up a batch of my Shea Facial soap all was fine and was finishing up a couple of buckets of my Tallow /lard soap, that did not go fine. When I was pouring in my Canola I doubled the amount in both buckets. I could not straighten out the percentages exactly since I did not have even an ounce of lard left but I did get the other oils adjusted. Now I have a larger batch in a bigger bucket.

It just makes no difference how long you have been soaping mistakes happen. Pretty often for me lately... But I am going to make soap today. :beatinghead::hairpulling:

Oh no that's too bad! I've been having a string of small screw-ups in the last 10 or so batches I made.. all fixable and nothing bad but so frustrating and stressful! I feel ya! Do a little dance and hope the soaping gods will bless you with goof-free soap again:hippo:

@cmzaha my washing machine took a crap on me on Sunday. I am so grateful for my neighbor, he came over and bypassed the switch so I could still use it. I plan on making soap this weekend (we'll see). It's officially been over a year since I made my last batch. I'm sure mistakes are waiting to happen.

Back