Goodie bags......

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uplandermom

Reaction score
I was just asked to create some soaps to be included in a goodie bag for a conference my office is having where about 100-150 people will attend. The conference is in February so I've got time.

However, what size bar, do you think would work best...I don't want overly large..or really heavy since they will be carting these around during the daylong conference....Is four ounces too big, or should I go for small guest soap size???

And how should I wrap them? Boxes, cigar bands, or something else???

I think I would go with 2oz, that's a lot of soap to comp. Make sure you get a biz card in each bag too! Your labels will go in the trash & they will need to be able to find you to place future oreders after you wow them!

I agree i have 75 to do in January and another 75 to do in February. I am making 2-3oz bars for this. and maybe a sample size of cream.

Sample Size

I think 2oz is generous and I wouldn't go too much over that size. Heck, a lot of soapmakers sell 3.5 - 4 oz bars. I wouldn't give 4oz bars of soap away — not to a crowd that large, that's composed of folks who probably don't know anything about (and may not totally appreciate) such a wonderful, handmade product.

Give them enough to get an idea of the greatness of your product. Then, they can BUY 4oz bars.

Yup a hotel size bar to 2 ounces should be appropriate! They will appreciate using a 1 to 2 ounce bar just as much as a full size bar, and when they run out, they will be coming to you for more soap, faster! 8)

Paul.... :) :wink:

Back