Good shave soap recipe?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Obsidian

Reaction score
Is there anyone willing to share a good, stable shaving soap recipe? One made with KoH.

I've read the songwind thread, I've experimented. I'm researched and I still just can't get it right.

I chopped my legs up pretty bad today, I just want a easy to lather, slick soap. I do use a brush and DE razor.

Rsapienza

Reaction score
Is there anyone willing to share a good, stable shaving soap recipe? One made with KoH.

I've read the songwind thread, I've experimented. I'm researched and I still just can't get it right.

I chopped my legs up pretty bad today, I just want a easy to lather, slick soap. I do use a brush and DE razor.
I believe there are several recipes in that thread. Will none of them work for you? I've made 3 different batches and love them all.

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m looking to try a shave soap too. Bought the ingredients but hesitant to jump in. Kind of put off by the thought of seizing!

Obsidian

Reaction score
I’m looking to try a shave soap too. Bought the ingredients but hesitant to jump in. Kind of put off by the thought of seizing!
Thats why you HP shave soap, doesn't matter if it seizes. Once it heats up, it will loosen and cook just fine.

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats why you HP shave soap, doesn't matter if it seizes. Once it heats up, it will loosen and cook just fine.
HP is what I’ve been researching but I’m still wary of trying it. I’ve never even tried a HP soap yet. Got the crockpot from Goodwill and everything months ago but my anxiety kicks in and I chicken out. Lol. I know once I do it I’ll be fine but it’s just my personality to toil over it and over research and the more I read, the more questions I have... :eek:

KimR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
HP is just CP thrown in a crockpot. Super easy. Not as pretty as my CP, I cannot get the pretty shapes and designs I've seen others on this forum create but my 1 and only batch has perfect properties and is holding the scent.

Reaction score
HP is what I’ve been researching but I’m still wary of trying it. I’ve never even tried a HP soap yet. Got the crockpot from Goodwill and everything months ago but my anxiety kicks in and I chicken out. Lol. I know once I do it I’ll be fine but it’s just my personality to toil over it and over research and the more I read, the more questions I have... :eek:
Super relatable!!🤪

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score

What's the issue you're having?

Becky1024

Reaction score
If you are on Facebook, there is a good group called Shaving Soap Makers. There is lots of good information, and recipes in the files.

Latest posts