Good ratio for conditioning & Creamy?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make some GM soap. I know this ingredient gives the soap a different feel. I want to make sure my recipe has a good ratio number for conditioning and creamy so that I don't reduce my bubbles. My recipe states conditioning at 56, creamy at 30 and bubbles at 23. Is that a good ratio?

Sounds good to me. This is a hard one because it is SO subjective. I don't tend to look at those numbers - I look at cleansing and lather. I tend to go for high lather (b/c we all like bubbles, right?) and low cleansing.

Like Dixie said, that's going to be a hard one to answer because of how subjective the 'feel' of lather is from person to person......plus, there's also the bugaboo of whether or not your house is piped with hard or soft water, because if the water you bathe with is hard, that will diminish your lather somewhat.

The only surefire way to know what's best for your skin's personal likes/dislikes and what works best with the type of water that you bathe with in your house, is to just go for it and make a 1 pound batch of your recipe, and then use those numbers for that recipe to tweak your future batches of soap so that they more to your liking.

IrishLass :)

Back