Good ol' Charcoal n Gold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score

A simple charcoal soap with hazelnut oil.
I was hoping it to be a true black but it cures to a dark gray. Will try some black oxide next time. Heard it's really black.
I was planing to do a column embed as in the moon but the pvc pipe I used was too small and impossible to unmold so I gave up on that and settled for a simple mica layer on top with alcohol sprayo_O

This is my first mica-on-top and I like the result. I even bought a star-shapes tea strainer just so it would feel like adding fairy dust instead of mica;)

My magic wand!

EO used: Cinnamon 6g, cedar 6g, eucalyptus 8g
The cinnamon is really overwhelming. I thought eucalyptus will overpower the other two but cinnamon was the strongest after cutting. I could barely smell any eucalyptus anymore:smallshrug:

Love the magic wand!

I really like that vivid contrast.. Well done!

I've found cinnamon overpowers so many EOs even if I used it the least...

Very nice soaps. Looks more chocolate than gray on my screen. Looks good with the dusting of gold mica. :thumbs:
I even bought a star-shapes tea strainer just so it would feel like adding fairy dust instead of mica;)
Cute! :)
EO used: Cinnamon 6g, cedar 6g, eucalyptus 8g
The cinnamon is really overwhelming. I thought eucalyptus will overpower the other two but cinnamon was the strongest after cutting.
Yes. Remember to use cinnamon with a light touch. It's a "heater" in the soap and a sensitizer on the skin.

Latest posts

Back